This article is mainly about weather Narendra Modi is suitable candidate for Prime Ministerial post in coming general elections.:
Here I would like to take a look on few development factors as well as some social factors as well.
First of all I'll consider development factor :
- Gujarat is considered as one of the most developed states of India .
- Gujarat is the only state which is growing with growth rate higher than that of national for the last few years.
- This state is producing more electricity than its own requirement.
- This state is leading all other sates in India in major positive aspects.
- Gujarat has the largest business corporations in India.
- Gujarat's major cities include Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Junagadh, and Bhavnagar. In 2010, Forbes list of the world's fastest growing cities included Ahmedabad at number 3 after Chengdu and Chongqing from China.
- The malnutrition level for children below 5 years (45%) is higher than the national average (43%).
- Also, there are more malnourished children
under five in Gujarat than in many large states like Tamil Nadu (30%),
Maharashtra (37%), Rajasthan (40%), Orissa (41%) and Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat is also known for many national level institutions. The Space Applications Centre (SAC) is an institution for space research and satellite communication in Ahmedabad, India, under the aegis of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
There are many people who think that Gujarat's Social Progress Yet To Match Economic Success.It is not difficult to see why the Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi has the Prime Minister’s job all but sewn up if a BJP dispensation were to come to power following the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
I am not telling Modi too is perfect, but by considering him only because of his economical success without taking social issues will be absurd.
But at last one should not forget about the fact "Social Performances can be improved greatly with the help of economical reforms"
At last we should also not forget about his involvement in "Godhara Kand".